Current Status

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2010 at 3:13 AM
Edited Jul 16, 2010 at 3:14 AM
For the calorie counter application I have started a simple specification document. The first section to put in is the Goals of the application. In this case, the goal is to allow me to manage weight by capturing a number of statistics. The chief of these is calories consumed during a day. When writing this specification a number of issues come up. The biggest is that I don't have enough detail in my head to actually fill the thing in every day. Instead another approach is to be taken. What I would like to do is to see historically a list of calories consumed. This is to be done through the use of a List that simply puts the day followed by the calories. Or I might even make it a tree control. The second that's important is the data entry form. I was thinking on a fairly simple data entry form allowing entry of calories against a daily list. Originally this was to be all on the one screen. However I am planning to break that up and make the data entry screen a modal screen that updates automatically back into the main screen. The other thing I want to do is to save the information into a database to allow for future capturing of events. The final thing that I want to capture is waist measurements to allow me to compare how I am going against my goals. Once I have a basic idea of the design, the process I will follow is: 1.Define the business requirements further 2.Define the logical data model 3.Define the Physical data model 4.Design the front end GUI screens 5.Apply the physical and front end designs against appropriate design patterns 6.Implement code and create release candidate 2 of the software on the world.